Bibra Lake laundromat fire: Faulty fridge could be to blame

Brianna DuganThe West Australian
The aftermath of the Bibra Lake fire this morning.
Camera IconThe aftermath of the Bibra Lake fire this morning. Credit: Simon Hydzik/7NEWS

A faulty fridge could be to blame for a fire that engulfed a Bibra Lake laundromat on Tuesday morning.

Firefighters were called to Lighthouse Laundry on Port Kembla Drive about 1.15am and found smoke and flames billowing from the premises.

Thirteen appliances responded, and it took firefighters 40 minutes to bring the fire under control.

Police, St John Ambulance and Western Power also attended.

Investigations were still ongoing on Tuesday night, however early indications showed the fire could have been caused by a faulty fridge.

Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.

Sign up for our emails