Growing raft of cruise options from Fremantle
Cruising has always been good value but the deals at this moment are exceptional as the industry continues to build momentum. The cruise industry is emerging from COVID with flexible terms and conditions, loads of inclusions that used to be add-ons, and is selling cruises up to mid-2024.
Cruises from Fremantle are continually being added. Currently there are 11 cruise ships calling at Fremantle this year, 31 for 2023 and nine so far for 2024 — well up even on the list we published in our Cruising Guide in April.
There are many more cruise ships booked to arrive in Fremantle in 2024 and 2025 but the itineraries are not on sale as yet.
Here are the latest itineraries that can be booked from Fremantle . . .
· The August 20 Silversea cruise on Silver Explorer from Fremantle to Darwin, across the Kimberley cruise already has a waitlist.
· Coral Expeditions’ Coral Geographer has a 13-night cruise from Fremantle to Adelaide on October 23. Calls will be made at Eagle Bay, Hamelin Bay, Augusta, Breaksea Island, Two Peoples Bay, Bremer Bay, Point Ann, Woody Island (Recherche Archipelago), Cape Le Grand National Park, Lucky Bay, Yokinup Bay and Cape Arid National Park.
· Cunard’s Queen Elizabeth has an eight-night cruise to from Fremantle to Sydney calling at Adelaide and Melbourne departing on November 7. You can also opt for the 25-night circumnavigation of Australia with the same sailing. After the Queen Elizabeth calls at Sydney, there will be stops at Whitsunday Island, Cairns, Port Douglas, Darwin and Bali before the return to Fremantle.
· Coral Geographer is back in Fremantle, this time for a 12-night cruise to Brome departing November 30. The cruise will call at the Abrolhos Islands and Shark Bay World Heritage Area, then cruises the Ningaloo Coast before visiting Exmouth and Muiron Islands.
· On December 2, the Queen Elizabeth will depart Fremantle again for an 11-night cruise to Sydney, with stops at Esperance, Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, Melbourne and Burnie.
· Holland America’s Noordam will depart Fremantle on December 3 after a one-night stay, for a 14-night cruise to Sydney calling at Albany, Port Lincoln, Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, Melbourne, Burnie and Hobart.
· Silversea Cruises’s Silver Muse will call on December 10 as part of a Singapore to Sydney cruise.
· Azamara Quest is in Fremantle on December 21 for the start of a 14-night cruise to Melbourne. Calls will be made at Busselton, Albany, Esperance, Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, Eden, Sydney for New Year’s Eve before cruising down to Melbourne.
· The Aidasol, sailing for AIDA Cruises, will make a call at Fremantle on January 9, as part of a round the world cruise.
· Azamara Quest will depart Fremantle on a 16-night cruise to Hong Kong on February 19. Ports of call include Geraldton, Bali, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh city and Hue (Da Nang).
· Holland America’s Zuiderdam will call at Fremantle on February 22, as part of a world cruise.
· Princess Cruises’ Coral Princess will depart Fremantle on March 6 for a 10-night round trip cruise calling at Exmouth, Broome, Kuri Bay, and Geraldton. After that cruise, it will depart on March 16 for a 15-night cruise to Brisbane stopping at Geraldton, Broome, Kuri Bay, Darwin, Cairns and Willis Island. Guests can extend by booking the 28-night around Australia cruise with further stops at Sydney, Hobart, Burnie, Kangaroo Island, Adelaide Albany and Busselton. The ship will then sail on April 13, on a 17-night cruise to Sydney stopping at many of the same ports.
· Cunard’s Queen Elizabeth will sail a 10-night cruise from Fremantle to Singapore on March 7, with calls at Bali and Jakarta.
· Seabourn’s Seabourn Sojourn will call at Fremantle on March 20, as part of a 51-day Indian Ocean arc cruise from Sydney to Cape Town.
· Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 will sail a 17-night cruise from Fremantle to Cape Town on March 21, with calls at Port Louis in Mauritius, Le Port at Reunion Island, and Durban and Port Elizabeth in South Africa.
· Coral Geographer is back in Fremantle for another 12-night cruise to Broome departing on March 28. The cruise will call at the Abrolhos Islands and Shark Bay World Heritage Area then cruise the Ningaloo Coast, past Exmouth and Muiron Islands.
· The small expedition ship Caledonian Sky will call into Fremantle in March on a seven-day round-trip cruise to the South West and then head to Broome on a 10-day cruise before sailing regular Kimberley cruises.
· P&O’s Pacific Explorer has a series of round-trip cruises from Fremantle. The first is a nine-night cruise from Fremantle on April 8, calling at Exmouth, Kuri Bay, Raft Point, Yampi Sound and Broome. Then, on April 17, it sails a five-night round-trip cruise Exmouth to observe the total solar eclipse. After that cruise, it conducts a four-night round-trip cruise to Exmouth departing on April 22, followed by another nine-night round-trip cruise to Yampi Sound on April 26. Next there is a three-night “cruise to nowhere” and finally a 10-night cruise to Yampi Sound on May 8, followed by 10-night cruise to Cairns departing on May 18.
· Silversea Cruises will have Silver Explorer in Fremantle on August 23, for a 17-night cruise to Darwin. Calling at 11 locations in the North West.
· Coral Geographer sails a 13-night cruise from Fremantle to Adelaide on October 21. Calls are made at Eagle Bay, Hamelin Bay, Augusta, Breaksea Island, Two Peoples Bay, Bremer Bay, Point Ann, Woody Island (Recherche Archipelago), Cape Le Grand National Park (Lucky Bay), Yokinup Bay and Cape Arid National Park.
· Silversea’s Silver Whisper will call at Fremantle on December 2, as part of a Singapore to Sydney cruise.
· Azamara is back with its ship Azamara Journey on December 21, for a 14-night cruise to Melbourne calling at Busselton, Albany, Esperance, Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, Eden and Sydney for New Year’s Eve.
· Oceania Cruises’ ship Regatta will call at Fremantle on January 10, for an overnight stop, as part of a 21-day Australia Extravaganza, round-the-continent cruise.
· Holland America’s Volendam will call on February 17 as part of a 94-night Grand Australia and New Zealand voyage.
· Also on February 17, Queen Mary 2 arrives on her 108-night Grand World cruise. Guests may join the continuation of the cruise around Australia, through Asia, the UAE and the Mediterranean to the UK.
· Azamara Journey will sail again from Fremantle on a 16-night cruise to Hong Kong on February 20. Calls are made at Geraldton, Bali, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh city and Hue (Da Nang).
· Island Princess will call on February 22 as part of a global cruise spanning 97 nights.
· Royal Caribbean will make its return to Fremantle with its Enchantment of the Seas on March 1. The ship will operate an 18-night cruise to Sydney calling at Esperance, Adelaide, Melbourne and Hobart, before crossing the Tasman for stops at Picton, Christchurch, Dunedin, Dusky Sound, Doubtful Sound and Milford Sound.
· Princess Cruises’ Coral Princess will return with an 11-night cruise departing Fremantle on March 15. It will head to Sydney, calling at Busselton, Albany, Adelaide, Melbourne, Burnie and Hobart.
· P&O will return on April 9 with its Pacific Explorer for a series of five cruises from Fremantle ranging from three to 19 nights.
· Princess will also bring its Majestic Princess to Fremantle on April 18, for a 13-night cruise to Hong Kong. Stops will be made at Lombok, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh city, Nha Trang and Da Nang/Hue.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails